International Artist Residency Panel
Post #1550 • May 1, 2012, 12:25 PM
Tomorrow, Wednesday, May 2, I will speak on a panel at the Swiss Consulate in Cambridge.
Panel Discussion on International Art Residencies
When: May 2, 2012, 6:30 – 9:00 pm
Where: swissnex Boston
Join us for an interesting evening and learn about different artists’ residency opportunities available around the globe. Exchange thoughts about the value of international residencies in the arts and how such experiences can leverage your work at home.
Kiki Thompson, Co-Founder of the 3-D Verbier Sculpture Park Residency Program, discusses the values of international residency programs in the arts. Additionally, Bostonian sculptors and Verbier Residency veterans, Donna Dodson and Andy Moerlein will speak about their experiences.
Other artists included in the Panel:
- Mary Sherman, Director of TransCultural Exchange
- Franklin Einspruch, painter, writer and arts critic
- Lynne Allen, Director, School of Visual Arts at Boston University
- Antoni Muntadas, visiting Professor of the Practice at MIT
- Caitlin Strokosch, Exec. Director at Alliance of Artists Communities
This event is free and open to the public. A networking reception with Swiss delights will follow the panel discussion.
RSVP at the link. The new design of the consulate interior is worth seeing in itself. I will try to be interesting. Hope to see you.