Previous: Bannard at Jacobson Howard (26)
North Adams miscellany
Post #1012 • May 30, 2007, 5:27 PM • 16 Comments
1. First of all, nice town - enthusiastic locals, nifty cultural destinations, exquisite greenery. Snows are probably unbelievable, but we had fine weather while we were there in the second week of May.
2. Kolok Gallery. I bought some art - my first purchase.
3. Chatted with Josh Field at Kolok. Josh is an art blogger.
4. Were graciously welcomed into the studio of Larry Alice, who has a studio in the Eclipse Mill. Artists who got in on it a few years ago landed a cavernous live/work space with 14' ceilings for $40K. They're reselling for a quarter mil.
5. Mt. Greylock.
6. Mezze. Toonerville Trolley. The Porches (thanks JL).
May 31, 2007, 5:09 PM
Congrats to Wendy Wischer for being named "Best Artist" in Miami by the New Times 2007. http://www.wendywischer.com/
May 31, 2007, 5:21 PM
May 31, 2007, 7:50 PM
#2. Get serious.
#3. I hear that Supergirl married some artist and put this up for sale.
May 31, 2007, 8:03 PM
Great site, great blog, well done!!
[Thanks! - F.]
May 31, 2007, 8:29 PM
why get serious? opie. she was named "Best Artist in Miami" you dont think that deserves some kudos?>
May 31, 2007, 8:32 PM
Yeah, I guess so. I'm just being surly. The stuff is about as tame and standard issue as it gets, even for that kind of thing, but what the hell.
May 31, 2007, 10:29 PM
yeah i get you, its not exactly the best is it, but hey, what the fukinhell good for her...better than last years Norberto Rodriguez, geezus CHrist!
May 31, 2007, 11:20 PM
You have a point. His stuff is just plain silly.
June 1, 2007, 12:09 AM
about #4 - are you freaking kidding me? i am an idiot... i toured that building when it was all raw space, and almost got one except that i didn't live in the country at the time...
i have been sort of regretting it since, because they seemed like they were going to be so nice and i ended up coming back to the states soon anyway.. but that really KILLS.
is that true??? it is hard to believe.
June 1, 2007, 10:09 AM
Wendy has an impressive career. Lots of activity!
June 1, 2007, 6:49 PM
However, there is a 2400 sq ft storefront in North Adams for sale on ebay for $129,000.00.
Cut and paste:
June 2, 2007, 7:18 AM
... wish that I wasn't deterred from purchasing a North Adams Zionist Church that I found - would have made a great Art school/residence. Now I fucked...divorce is near.
June 2, 2007, 7:19 AM
...now I'm... my bad !
June 4, 2007, 4:36 PM
What did you buy?
June 5, 2007, 5:59 PM
A tiny little abstraction by Ryan Scheidt. I'd post it except it's wrapped up and staying that way 'til we get to CA.
May 31, 2007, 11:24 AM
Great place to be.