Miami artblogging panel discussion
Post #748 • March 8, 2006, 7:41 AM • 79 Comments
Denise Delgado, Curator for the Miami Dade Public Library System, has organized a panel discussion of art bloggers to take place Thursday, April 6 at the Miami Beach Regional Library auditorium, 7 - 8:30 PM. The discussion is entitled "Looking for a Forum: Art bloggers and artists on writing art and culture in Miami." Topics include:
- The impact of blogging and online communication on critical discourse around art and culture in Miami - why is it significant?
- How writing about the art of a community helps create that community's sense of itself - or does it? Including comparisons between print vs. web formats
- Addressing and identifying the different arts sub-communities in the city
- Cross-pollination - how blogs are creating a space where people in the same city interact who might never do so in real life
- Bloggers'/writers' role in documenting the local art scene
- Blogs as artistic infrastructure
- Accessibility issues - are there barriers to participation in these conversations?
Participants include Franklin Einspruch (Artblog.net), Alesh Houdek (Critical Miami), KH (The Next Few Hours), Onajide Shabaka (Miami Art Exchange), and Alfredo Triff (Tu Miami Blog). The discussion will be moderated by Helen L. Kohen, Director of the Vasari Project and Art Critic Emeritus for The Miami Herald.
The library is located at 227 22 Street, Miami Beach.